V-Notch Ball Valves
The V–Notch Ball Valve gives non-clogging, high capacity, straight through flow control of fluids containing pulp and paper stock or slurries and fluids containing suspended solids or fibrous materials.
The V- Notch Ball Valves are offered squared and clamped driven shaft plus ball shaft with splined connection designed for zero lost motion for highly accurate positioning and precise control.
|Design Code||BS 5351|
|Valve Size||25 to 200 mm (1” to 8”)|
|Rating||ANSI 150 and 300|
|F/F Dimensions||ANSI B-16.10|
|Flow Characteristic||Approx. Equal Percent, Linear, On-Off|
|Body Material||Carbon steel, Stainless steel|
|Ball Material||Stainless Steel|
|Seat Ring||PTFE, Carbon Filled Teflon|
|Ball Ring||CF8M, Alloy Steels|
|Gasket||PTFE, Graphite Laminate|
|Gland Packing||PTFE Chevrons, Graphite, Low emission|
|Actuator Form||Diaphragm, Piston or Electric|
|Diaphragm||Nitrile / Neoprene (nylon reinforced)|
|Spring Range||3 – 15 Psig (0.2 – 1.0 Kg/cm2) 6 – 30 Psig (0.4 – 2.0 Kg/cm2)|
|Air supply||20 – 35 Psig (1.4 – 2.5 Kg/cm2)|
|Air Connection||1/ 4” or 1/ 2” NPT|
Valve Positioners - Pneumatic, Electro-Pneumatic, Smart
Instruments - Airset, Solenoid Valve, Volume Booster, Airlock, Limit Switches
|Features||Top or Side Mounted handwheel, Limit Stops Removable Blind Head, Steam Jacketing etc|
- Shearing effect between the ball and seal ensures tight shut-off, even on fibrous slurries.
- The unrestricted, straight through flow design provides high capacity and wide rangeability.
- Precise contouring of the V-notch balls provides a nearly equal percentage characteristic.
- Replaceable ball seal and back up ring for added rigidity.
- Ball machined to a super smooth finish, hard-chrome plated and polished to increase ball seal life.
- High CV to body size ratio.