Actuators Spring Opposed Piston & Double Acting Piston
- The vsL range of pneumatic piston actuators has been designed to provide powerful high performance for automatic control valves.
- Corrosion resistance to aggressive environments has led to careful consideration of component selection, whilst keeping in mind the need for weight reduction.
- Safety is an important consideration and spring containment has been carefully addressed so that inadvertent energy release has been eliminated.
- The foregoing conditions have led to unit being designed to accept air pressure up to 10 Bar, to provide thrust and stiffness.
- The end caps, piston, stems and tie bars are all either carbon or stainless steel, with the cylinder being a strong light composite material called Black Amalgon.
- This careful material selection makes the actuator inherently strong, durable and corrosion resistant.
- The spring is contained in a cage and the spring cap is secured with HT steel tie rods and the nuts welded in place.
- This cage cartridge design prevents accidental unbolting of a pre-compressed spring and possibility of a catastrophic energy release.
- A further feature is the spring being contained inside the cylinder in a protected clean environment inhibiting atmospheric degradation.
- The actuator is also available as a spring-less double acting unit for even greater bidirectional thrust.
- The following sizes are available as spring opposed pistons, double acting pistons or springless double acting pistons.
|Actuator Type||Spring Opposed Piston, Double Acting Piston|
|Actuator Action||Direct / Reverse Acting|
|Materials||Wide range of materials available to suit application|
|Spring Range||See Table 1|
|Air Supply||20 - 150 PsIG (1.4 - 10.0 Bar)|
|Air Connection||1/4” or 1/2” NPT|
|Accessories||valve Positioners - Pneumatic, Electro-Pneumatic, smart Instruments - Airset, solenoid valve, volume Booster, Airlock, Limit switches|
|Features||Top or side Mounted handwheel, Limit stops|